Home | Biography| Resume
"You may write me down in history with your bitter twisted lies,
You may trod me in the very dirt, but still like dust I rise
You may shoot me with your words, you may cut me with your eyes
You may kill me with your hatefulness, but still like air I rise.
Out of the hut's of history shame,
Up form a past that's rooted in pain,
I'm a black ocean leaping and wide, welling and swelling I bear in the tide.
...Bringing the gifts that my ancestors gave,
I am the dream and hope of the slave
701 SW 62nd Boulevard Apt. Y178
Gainesville, Florida  32607
Secure a position as a public affairs producer, that will allow me to utilize experience in neews writing and production and bilingual skills.
Staff Writer,Messenger Newspapers, Columbus, OH
March 2000 to September 2000
- Composed news and feature articles on residents in the West Columbus community.
- Reported proceedings of Grove City council meetings, and news events happening within suburban Grove City and Southwest Columbus
Contributing Writer, Columbus Post Newspaper, Columbus, Ohio
March 2000 to September 2000
- Wrote news and feature articles specifically capturing the African-American interest, and perspective. analyzed and dissected constituent concerns and preserving results to congressman
- Contributed articles to American Diversity Magazine, Columbus Postí sister publication, that feature multicultural trends in news, employment, technology and business.
Production Intern, "Cincinnati Matters", FOX19 WXIX, Cincinnati, Ohio
January 1999 to April 1999
- Pre-interviewed and booked main guests.
- Generated and researched show ideas.
- Scripted opens and coordinated graphics.
- Co-produced five shows.
Staff Reporter, The News Record, Cincinnati, Ohio
September 1995 to March 1999
- Wrote news articles, features and entertainment reviews.
- Conducted interviews with campus and community leaders.
- Generated news story ideas.
Assignment Desk Intern, NBC WLWT Channel 5, Cincinnati, OH
September 1998 to December 1998
- Assisted assignment editors and producers at news assignment desk.
- Conducted interviews and research for producers and reporters.
- Performed beat checks, monitored wires and scanners for news leads.
Master of Mass Communication, Telecommunication May, 2002
University of Florida,, Gainesville, FL.
Bachelor of Arts, Communication June, 1999
Certificate of Professional and Technical Writing
University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH.
Cumulative G.P.A. 3.2/4.0
Certificate of Spanish May, 1999
Cemanahuac Educational Community , Cuernavaca, Morelos
- University of Cincinnati 1999 Intern of the Year.
- Golden Key National Honor Society.
- University of Cincinnati Deanís List 7 quarters.
- 1998 Whoís Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges.
- 1996 National Dean's List.
- 1996 University of Cincinnati Leadership Award.
Furnished upon request.