Between juggling schools, internships, and jobs I feel like I have already built a solid resume that will hopefully help me get into the graduate school of Journalism at the University of Florida.
- Gator Country Intern
- 1219 W. University Ave. Gainesville, FL 32601
- September 2011-Present
- I am currently an intern at GatorCountry.com as a beat reporter covering Gators volleyball.
I attend all of the home matches and post blogs on the website during the home games to give fans live play-by-play updates. I write previews before all the matches, interview the players and coaches, write feature stories on the players and write post-game articles after every match, away or home. My job is to be an expert on the Gators volleyball team.
- Sales Representative for Cutco Cutlery
- 12811 Kenwood Ln. Ste. 210 Fort Myers, FL 33907 (239) 278-4647
- June 2011-August 2011
- I was a sales representative for Cutco Cutlery and worked off of recommendations in order to book appointments with clients.
I had to be very friendly with all of my clients in order to build a cliental-base. I also had to be very outgoing and friendly when I would arrive to a client’s house whom I had never met before in order to make them feel comfortable with me coming into their home and showing them products. I would perform a presentation to show my clients the Cutco Cutlery products and try to sell the products to them. At the end of my presentation, I would kindly ask them to give me referrals to people they think would be willing to see my product. I would then later call those recommendations to see if they would be willing to set up an appointment with me to give me an opportunity to show them the products as well.
- Cashier at Florida Book Store
- 1614 W University Ave Gainesville, FL 32601 (352) 376-6066
- June 2010-August 2010
- I was a cashier at the Florida Book Store, which entitled to checking out the customers with scanning their items and ringing them up.
I had to be familiar with the RENT A TEXT program because many students use it and I had to be able to work quickly and efficiently with taking tags off of clothes and bagging them.
- Cashier at Chick Fil A
- 13610 S Tamiami Trl Fort Myers, FL 33912 (239) 433-9030
- June 2007-July 2007
- I was a cashier for the Chick Fil A for both the drive-thru and for the customers who were dining in.
I greeted the customers very friendly and took their orders while getting their drinks ready. I also helped in bagging the food. When I was assigned to be the drive-thru cashier, I had to multi-task more by taking the customer's orders that were at the drive-thru while ringing up the current customer who was at the window while also giving them their food and drinks.
SkillsI am very friendly with customers and work well with others. I have good communication skills and have a very strong work ethic, giving 100% commitment to my job. I am able to multi-task and work quickly and efficiently at the same time. I have a calm personality so I deal with conflict well and always try to find a solution to any problem that arises. I am self-motivated and am flexible to being adjusted to any job that the company wants. I am organized and catch on quickly to working with new software on computers.