The vistas never ceased to amaze me.
Study Abroad. One of the most rewarding opportunities I have ever had was studying abroad in Florence, Italy, during May 2011. In just a month, I was able to experience so much more than I ever dreamed possible. Beyond just travelling, living abroad provides an invaluable glimpse into another culture. I learned more in one month than my previous two years at a university. I was able to travel extensively all over Italy and meet some truly amazing people.
Places to See in Italy
- Venice - Venice is a beautiful city but beware. No matter how experienced of a navigator you are with, you are destined to get lost.
- Cinque Terre - This was one of my favorite places we visited. The five towns are nestled among the mountainous terrain and seem untouched. It seemed that life is wonderfully simple there.
- Amalfi Coast - Southern Italy was great to see, especially compared to living in Northern Italy. The culture and lifestyle changes, but it's just as wonderful along the sea.
- Rome - Rome is a necessity to see even though I am still a Florence devotee. The rich history and preservation is amazing.
- Siena - This is an interesting town to visit because it's architecture and character come from a different time. The renaissance changed Florence's feel drastically compared to Siena.