The following is an informal summary of my resume. Here is a pdf file of my Resume.
University of Florida- Gainesville, FL Bachelor of Science in Journalism and Political Science- Expected May 2014
Bath and Bodyworks- Sales Associate
- Interacted with every customer that enters our store in addition to assisting him or her with finding products and offering suggestions of various products that we felt would accommodate their taste.
- Stocked the store throughout the day, ensuring that the store was clean and items are put in their correct place.
- Assisted in nightly closing duties of the store, which included re-counting the revenue made for the day and making sure all products were fully stocked.
UF Department of Housing and Residence Education-Resident Assistant
- Refer students of the Springs Residential Complex to various resources, services, and facilities on the campus
- Assist in conflict resolution among residents and enforce all University Department of Housing and Education rules and regulations
- Establish and develop community on my floor throughout the year by planning events, social activities, providing opportunities for students to interact with other students on the floor and within the community
HOME:Living in the Heart of Florida Magazine- Intern
- Perform in-person interviews for assigned stories
- Write assigned stories for the bi-monthly publication distributed throughout North Florida
District Office of Representative Mark S. Pafford- Intern
- Assist with clerical work including organizing the contact databases
- Attend community events on behalf of Representative Pafford
The Independent Florida Alligator- Contributing Staff Writer
- Write articles for the unofficial school newspaper that serves Gainesville and the University of Florida
- Report and cover events given as assignments
- Independently report and submit articles for publication
The Odyssey: University of Florida- Part Time Writer
- Write assigned and pitched articles for the Greek community at the University of Florida in this bi-weekly print and online publication.
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Public Relations Committee Chair
- Serve as an ambassador for the Dean of Students Office
- Assist in hosting programs such as Family Weekend, an annual event where students' families come to the University of Florida and participate in various activities throughout the weekend, and Welcome to the Sunshine state, a ceremony welcoming out-of-state students to Florida
University Athletic Association
- Register recruits for the Florida Football Program during events and help run operational activities during recruiting events and football games
- Host recruits and their families that visit the school and explain the benefits of attending the University of Florida