INTERNSHIP EXPERIENCEPublic Relations Intern at Bayview Public Relations
May 2012 – August 2012, St. Petersburg, Florida
- During my internship with Bayview Public Relations, I developed public relations campaigns for commercial real estate and banking clients, including Colliers International, Halpern Enterprises and Aliant Bank. In addition, I researched relevant media contacts through MyMediaInfo and compiled databases of clients’ media placements and monthly reports using BurrellesLuce.
August 2011 – December 2011, Gainesville, Florida
- I assisted in developing a national campaign to target UF alumni and highlight their contributions to The Gator Nation. I also maintained RSVPs, ordered supplies and conducted logistical planning for major UF events.
June 2011 – August 2011, St. Petersburg, Florida
- As the public affairs intern, I was given the responsibility to redesign over 25 brochures for the hospital using Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. I also developed the campaign for the Glow and Tell Application (Bayfront Baby Place’s new Facebook Application for expectant mothers). In addition, I wrote two stories per week for BAYLine, Bayfront’s weekly internal publication.
February 2010 - April 2011, Gainesville, Florida
- After I created and implemented a T-shirt giveaway campaign to develop the CWC's Facebook following, the number of fans on the Facebook page increased from 50 to 2,000 in three months. In addition, I planned the CWC grand opening event with over 1,500 students in attendance. For the grand opening event, I selected the location, planned giveaways, coordinated participants and designed advertisements.
- I also assisted in development of the Counseling and Wellness Center’s crisis communication plan. At the end of my internship, I was given the responsibility to recruit a replacement marketing intern, conduct interviews and train the selected intern.
May 2009 - August 2009, Tampa, Florida
- At Tampa Digital Studios, I utilized Cision to maintain and update media lists. I also filmed and edited (using Final Cut Pro) the American Marketing Association Internet-based television program and the nationally televised Medi-Weightloss commercial.
EDUCATIONBachelor of Science in Public Relations, May 2013
University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
Minor: Business Administration
Grade Point Average: 3.98/4.0
- Anderson Scholar of High Distinction (Above 3.95 GPA as junior & 0 course drops)
- UF Honor Roll (Above 3.5 GPA Fall 2009- Present)
- Golden Key Honor Society (Above 3.5 GPA Fall 2009- Present)
- College of Journalism and Communications Dean’s Student Advisory Council (Dean selects top students to participate in discussions regarding college)
- HTML5 and CSS3 (Website hand coding)
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator and InDesign)
- BurrellesLuce and MyMediaInfo
- Social media (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn)