- University of Florida
- Expected graduation in Fall 2012
- Major in Journalism
- Minor in Anthropology
Sales Associate, Belvah Collection, Gainesville, FL – Summer 2012- present
- Worked closely with customers to ensure their happiness and their return
- Remembered names of customers, their children, and favorite patterns of bags
- Prepared storage room for new inventory; Counted types of bags and patterns of bags; Moved extra inventory to storage
- Closed at the end of the day; Counted register and total revenue from the day.
Content Writer, GainesvilleActivities.com, Gainesville, FL — 2011-2012
- Provided bi-monthly articles on activities and/or recreational locations in Gainesville and surrounding communities to increase awareness in the communities of entertaining and affordable recreational activities.
- Ensured articles were current and relevant while working under strict time constraints and maximizing work, efficiency, and turn around time by prioritizing facts and findings about each event/activity.
- Developed relationships with business owners and people in the community; Maintain close relationships to ensure continual updates of activities, rates and possible discounts for the target audience and potential readers.
Santa Rosa County Courthouse, Milton, FL — Summer 2010 & 2011
- Prepared court dockets for presiding judges; organized schedules to ensure flexibility for emergencies such as overflowing docket days or vacation time.
- Learned divisional docket systems; allowed for flexibility in the courthouse and execution of tasks specific to a division.
- Manage court fees/ money taken in from citations and match up to end-of-day reports.
- Developed interpersonal skills that assisted in communicating the specific needs per case to guaranteed effective transactions.
C.H.A.M.P.S., Gainesville, FL – 2010 – 2011
University City Church of Christ Faith City, Gainesville, FL — 2010 – 2011
Collegiate Leadership Activities
Black Law Student Association, University of Florida- Fall 2012
Campus Diplomat, University of Florida, Spring 2011- present
Journalism and Communications Ambassadors, University of Florida, Fall 2011- present
- Communications Coaching Center Tutor
N.A.A.C.P. (National Association for the Advancement of Colored People), University of Florida, Fall 2011- present
- Programs and Research director, Fall 2011- Spring 2012
Society of Professional Journalists, University of Florida, Fall 2010- Fall 2011
Black Student Union, University of Florida, Fall 2009- Spring 2010