- since August 2002, University of Florida, College of Journalism and Communications, PhD student in Media Law
- 1999-2002, University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Architecture and Arts, Department of Theatre, MA expected
- 1994-1998, University of Theatre and Film, Department of Theatre, Bucharest, Romania, BA in Theatre Theory and Management
WORK EXPERIENCE (selection)
- Teaching Assistant, University of Florida, College of Journalism and Communications, Department of Public Relations, since August 2002
- My duties as TA for this three-section Public Relations Research class (PUR 3500) are to write tests bi-weekly, administer and grade them, maintain a class website on WebCT, assist students, and lecture on occasions.
- Graduate Assistant, University of Illinois at Chicago, Office of Testing Services, May 2001-July 2002
- As GA for the Testing Office I had to center-supervize, administer, and proctor placement tests for incoming students, administer language proficiency and psychological tests, proctor national exams such as GRE, LSAT, MCAT, NLN, etc., and scan-score university-wide classroom exams.
- Research Assistant, University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Nursing, April 2000-April 2001
- In this position I was in charge with inputting grant-funded faculty research data into a central college database.
- Library Assistant, University of Illinois at Chicago Library, August 1999-March 2000
- I worked for the Collection Development department and processed library-wide book donations.
- Assistant Manager and Programs Coordinator, Bucharest National Theatre, Romania, October 1997-June 1999
- This was probably the coolest job I've had so far. I worked directly with the company's artistic manager, scheduled daily rehershals and performances, and led domestic and international tours.
- Movie Translator, Romanian National Television and PRIMA Television, 1997-1999
- I translated a lot of cool cartoons, sitcoms, and movies from English and French into Romanian.
- Director, University of Theatre and Film Commencement, Bucharest, Romania, 1997
- I pretty much did everything associated with such an event: coordination of publications, sponsors, public relations, press releases, coordination of events, received appraisals and complaints, etc.
- Assistant Director, The Third and Fourth Meetings of European Drama Schools and Academies, Targoviste, Romania, 1996, 1997
- My first serious jobs in the professional world and first direct interactions with mass media practitioners. In '97 I took care of more than 300 students, faculty, and journalists come to our festival from over 13 countries.
- Languages: Romanian, French (good), Italian (fair)
- Computer: MS Word, Power Point, Excel, Netscape Composer, Macromedia Dreamweaver, basic HTML, statistical software SAS and SPSS, WebCT design, library database search, World Wide Web browsing
- Other: perfectly clean driving record!!! (well, except for two parking tickets in my whole life)
Home | My Country | Photo Album | Contact Me
© Cristina Popescu 2002
Last Updated October 23, 2002