Ok, Check out that I have done some cool things in the Sports Media area. There are links to some organizations...
I have been involved with Sports Media since my early years in college, and with Baseball, probably all my life. From play-by-play game announcements of Venezuelan Little League Baseball to Major League Baseball in Television, passing thru the production of several successful programs on Baseball, I have gone thru most of all the production tasks in Radio and Television: Anchor, Reporter, Producer, Editor, Director, Logger, Assistant, Programmer and even responsible for Marketing and Promotion.
I am currently in my first year at the University of Florida, in Gainesville, USA, where I am pursuing a Masters degree in Mass Communication with concentration in Telecommunications.
I also serve as a permanent Sports Analyst for CNN En Español Radio, CNN´s Spanish radio service for affiliated stations in 15 countries in America.
- Bachelor of Humanities in Social Communications.The University of Zulia, Major: Audiovisual Journalism. Maracaibo,Venezuela. 2001
- Radio and Television Commercial Announcer National License.The University of Zulia. Maracaibo,Venezuela.2001.
- English as a Second Language Program (ESL). High Intermediate Course. Xavier University, Cincinnati, Ohio,USA. 1995
- English as a Second Language Degree.The Venezuelan-American Center of Zulia-CEVAZ. Maracaibo,Venezuela.1994
- Production Assistant and Reporter for CNN En Español-Sports. Atlanta, GA, USA. 2000
- Sports Reporter and Colaborating Analyst for CNN En Español Radio. Atlanta, GA. USA. 2000-2002
- General Producer and Anchor for: A la Carga!. Weekly Program of the Zulia Eagles. Broadcasted in 10 stations in Venezuela. 1998-2002
- Video Productions Coordinator. Zulia Eagle´s. 1999-2002
- Anchor and General Producer for Tripleplay Sports Productions Inc. "Baseball Zone". Broadcasted in 5 stations in Venezuela. Produced in the United States. 1998-2001.
- Spring Training 2002. Tripleplay Sports Productions Inc. Broadcasted in 8 stations in Venezuela. Produced in the United States. 2002.
- General producer and anchor in "A la Carga!".Televiza. Maracaibo, Venezuela. 2001-2002.
- Baseball Play-by-play announcer. Zulia Eagles Broadcasting Staff. Televiza. 2001.
- General producer and anchor in "Acción Deportiva". Televiza. 2002.
- General producer and anchor in "Spring Training 2002". Televiza. 2002.
- General producer and anchor in "Baseball Zone". Globovisión. Maracaibo, Venezuela. 2001.
- Play-by-play sports announcer, color analyst and producer for Niños Cantores Televisión-NCTV-Maracaibo, Venezuela. 1996 – 1999.
- General producer and anchor in "A la Carga!".NCTV. 1998-2000.
- General producer and anchor in "Baseball Zone".NCTV. 1999-2000.
- Sports Director for NCTV. 1999-2000.
- Sports Reporter and producer. NetUno Channel. Maracaibo, Venezuela. 1998-1999.
- Play-by-play announcer and producer for Major League Baseball´s “Game of the Week”. NetUno Channel. 2000.
- General producer and anchor in "A la Carga!".NetUno Channel.1998-2002.
- General producer and anchor in "Baseball Zone".NetUno Channel. 1998-2001.
- Play-by-play announcer and General Producer. Zulia Eagles Broadcasting Staff for LUZ FM 102.9. Maracaibo, Venezuela, 1999-2001
- Co-host and producer of "A la Carga! Radio". LUZ FM 102.9. 1999-2001.
- Sports Anchor and writer. LUZ FM 102.9 News Department. Maracaibo, Venezuela. 1997-2000.
- Play-by-play announcer and General Producer for: Major League Baseball´s “Game of the Week”. LUZ FM 102.9. 1998-2000.
- Co-Host of the variety program: "The 4 Guys´s Show" .LUZ FM 102.9. 2001.
- Special reporter for the XVIII Central American and Caribbean Games. Reports for all spanish speaking affiliated stations in the world. Deutsche Welle - The voice for Germany. Maracaibo, Venezuela. 1998.
- Co-Host of the variety program: "The 4 Guys´Show". Reloj 93 FM. Maracaibo, Venezuela. 2001.
- Play-by play Announcer, Sports Anchor and Producer for several programs. 580 AM and 850 AM. Maracaibo, Venezuela. 1996 – 2001.
Media and Sports Management
- Partner and Production Director for Tripleplay Sports Productions Inc. Production, Advertising and Consulting Sports Media company. Maracaibo, Venezuela. 1998-2002
- Major League Baseball Spring Trainings. 1998-2002. USA.
- Major League Baseball Regular Season Games. 1999-2002. USA
- Caribbean Baseball World Series. Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. 2000
- Major League Baseball All-Star Game. Turner Field, Atlanta, USA. 2000.
- NFL Pre Season Games. USA. 2000.
- Central American and Caribbean Games. Maracaibo, Venezuela. 1998.
- National Association of Journalists- Venezuela.
- National Circle of Sport Journalists of Venezuela- Zulia Chapter.
- National Syndicate of Radio and Television Workers of Venezuela.
- Hispanic Communicators Association- University of Florida.
Handling of the following software packages:
- Windows XP. Office 2000 (Power Point, Word, Excel, Front Page).
- Adobe Premiere 5.0 and 6.0
- Adobe Photoshop 5.0, 6.0 and 7.0
- News processing and editing: Newswire, Avstar, Quantel Newsbox.
Leonte Alcides Landino Valbuena, many people know me just by "Leo". My birthday is on December 20th. 1978. I was born in Maracaibo, Venezuela. I Graduated from Los Robles High School in Maracaibo. Played Baseball in High School until AA Amateur Category.
Now, I enjoy playing softball and practice batting in cages. Like to travel a lot and to listen practically all kind of GOOD music, specially Latin beats. I love Playstation Baseball and Cars games. I am also a Big fan of Japanese Cartoons (Anime). If you are asking yourself who would be my favorite baseball player: New York Yankees´ Don Mattingly """"23"""". (Well, now I like Derek Jeter!)
Ok, now let´s talk about Venezuela!
| More About me...|
| I am From...|
| Donde estoy ?|
| Some Pics...|
| Play Ball...!|
| Stuff to Surf !|
| Online Store|
| University of Florida|